IMG_20140406_170105100_1214100_1213
A hybridized wheat/rye starter that had ripened, and sulked in the bottom of my fridge for 3 days, was screaming to be utilized. Last eve, after tending to my good folks at the manor, after the evening pizza had been consumed, and the newest batch of 75% dark chocolate mousse had been fashioned and sampled…….I set out to use mein sauerteig. As the hour had gotten quite late, and I wasn’t about to sit up for 3 hours, waiting for the next cycle to end, for the next turn of the dough. I decided on an autolyse of 20 minutes, followed by a 1 hour proof , at room temp, and then a bulk chill overnight, with a late morning, or early afternoon bake-off. Total flour and grain weight: 1600grams. Water weight: 1300G. Salt 34g. Honey 30g. Starter weight: 600g. If I had to hazard a guess to the ratio of the flours, it would be something like 40% Khorosan, 30% rye, 15% Gluten,10% organic AP, and 5% Spelt bran. 6 minutes to mix, in the 1.3HP Kitchenaid. The pieces, once cut after the bulk proof, this AM, were placed RIGHT SIDE up in the couches. Upon insertion onto the rudimentary baking stone, they were INVERTED, seam up. A little water spritzed onto the back of the 475F oven, and whoooooooahhhhh! I haven’t cut into one yet, so I cannot show you the crumb at this time…But I will oblige, once the first loaf is severed…
IMG_20140406_170054

IMG_20140406_170050

IMG_20140406_170043

IMG_20140406_170039

IMG_20140406_170028

IMG_20140406_170022

IMG_20140406_170017

IMG_20140406_170012

Advertisements

THIS IS HOW REALLY HEALTHY LEVAIN IS SPELT.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s