Here they are…Was feeling a wee bit peckish…Didn’t want cheesecake, but wanted something moist and spicy and just a bit unctuous….I’m wheat -free, so oats and walnuts and carrots fit the bill…Quite nicely , I might add. Here is the recipe, and a couple of pics….
1 cup Xylitol
1 cup melted butter
2 cups gluten free flour, (oats, work just fine)
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tsp gelatin
1 tsp Guar gum
4 cups of grated carrots
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup crushed, drained pineapple
1 cup of toasted chopped pecans or walnuts
1 cup unsweetened coconut
2 8 ozs packages cream cheese
1/4 cup Xylitol
1/4 cup softened butter
2 tsps vanilla
dash of orange extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees or 176C
2. Use two round 9- inch cake pans (I like the non-
stick pans). Spray cooking spray or butter pans. You
could also make cupcakes with this recipe – this
recipe will make around 16 jumbo cupcakes.
3. Place xylitol and eggs in a large bowl and beat
with hand mixer or stand mixer. Add in butter and
vanilla. Beat until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl mix the GF flour and baking soda
and powder and salt. Add this dry mixture to the wet
and beat until blended.
5. Stir in the grated carrots and nuts. Divide batter
into cake pans.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until
toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes
out clean. (If making cupcakes make for 30 mins)
7. While cakes or cupcakes are cooling, place butter,
cream cheese and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and
beat with hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth. Add
in xylitol and extract until smooth and creamy.
8. Frost when cake is cool.